- Devil Fruit: What is his Devil Fruit? Did he even eat one?
- Ancient Weapon: Does he possess one? (Uranus)
- Ancient Kingdom/Void Century: Does he know the true history? Does he search for the Poneglyphs?
- Power-Level: How strong exactly is he? Who does he compare to? Supernovas? Admirals? Yonko?
- Motivation: Why did he choose a life of hiding, secrecy and war? Did something happen to him?
According to the interview of some years ago between Oda and Yasutaka Nakata, Oda said: “If Akainu was the main protagonist, I could put an end to One Piece within a year”.We all know Akainu is a beast and is extremely powerful, but probably Oda wouldn’t say that Akainu is the strongest character in One Piece, maybe he just wanted to give us a general idea of how powerful Akainu is. What do you guys think?
Law is stated by Luffy to have Haki. The full extent of his ability in using it has not been revealed, but he has displayed enough proficiency with Busoshoku Haki to block Doflamingo’s Goshikito which took out a large portion of the palace. During his battle with Smoker, Law was shown capable of bypassing the vice-admiral’s Logia defenses thanks to his own Haki powers.
- Sanji was supposed to have a somewhat thicker goatee from the beginning.
- Usopp was supposed to be a vice captain/sniper that resembled his father more.
- Chopper was supposed to be more of a “realistic-looking reindeer”.
- Robin replaced a man that was supposed to be more of a plant lover than a history lover.
- Franky replaced the original midget carpenter.
- Brook also was supposed to have a Cavalier hat, instead of his trademark afro.
No changes in particular are seen in Luffy, Zoro, and Nami aside from a few small ones; such as Zoro carrying a bottle of sake on his waist and wearing a dark shirt rather than a white one, and Nami’s skirt being a little wavy rather than having straight cuts.